Thank you for your interest in hosting a dinner for the guests at Gift of Life Transplant House. After a day of appointments and tests, guests and caregivers appreciate a cooked meal ready and served for them in the evening. Please note meals must be catered from a commercial kitchen. Pizza parties are a favorite here. The 2019 Food Code changed the way in which we can accept meals and treats.
Our dinners book fast! To set up a dinner or reserve a date, please email our Operations Manager and Dinner Coordinator, Xavi Torres at email@example.com or call 507-288-7470.
Guidelines For Hosting A Dinner
- Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday are the preferred evenings to host a dinner. Other days of the week may be considered.
- Dinner is served at 6 p.m.
- Dinners are rotated between our two houses. If you are serving at the Edward and Jayne Pompeian Home (705 2 nd St. SW), plan on a count of 85-90 attendees. If you are serving at the Anne and Henry Zarrow Home, (724 2 nd St. SW), the count will be 65-70 attendees.
- Gift of Life Transplant House will provide eating utensils, plates, cups, napkins, coffee and lemonade.
- Leftovers are more than welcome and may be stored in the kitchen in the space labeled “House” refrigerator for guests to enjoy the next day.
**TO PROTECT THE HEALTH OF OUR GUESTS:
**Volunteers MUST be 14 years or older.
**If a volunteer is experiencing a cold, sore throat, or other illness, we ask that they do not participate.
**We are currently not allowing groups to come into the house and serve meals due to Covid.